Thursday 20 November 2014

#2 Hope

While I was serving a mission in England, one of the questions the people on the streets asked me is how I can believe in a God, if there is so much rubbish going on in the world. A lot of them were convinced that talking about God was a waste of time and efforts, that society is never going to change. That the world is just going to get worse. At the beginning of my Mission I thought, they were right. That it doesn't matter what I do. It won't change anything. I cannot make a difference. And then I started to hope. And everything changed.

 "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."
                                                                                                                            -Ether 12:4
 

Some people think that you are gullable because you try to see the good in people. I try to see the good things in life. I try to make the best of every situation. I hope, with surety, for a better world. And I strive to make it a better place. Because I know, that there is a God. That he has a greater plan for us. I know that he cares for each and everyone of us. I know that he loves all of us. He wants all of us to have a relationship with him. Those that are lost and those that are found.

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear."
                                                                                                                        -1 Peter 3:15

 In closing I want to say, that hope is a Superpower. Hope is our shield against fear and despair.

"Fear does not work as long as there is hope."
                                                                      -President Snow, The Hunger Games 

#whatdoyouhopefor?

No comments:

Post a Comment